Monday, May 30, 2011

Wherever, Whatever

سلام لكم في هذا اليوم

















I think sometimes, we dramatize what we see as "the big things." I'm going to China. That's a "big thing." Some people dedicate their lives to overseas missions - they go and live and die overseas, in the pursuit of bringing a precious few to Christ. There are those who preach in front of thousands of people every week. There are people who give thousands of dollars in offerings every week. There are people who raise perfect children who go on to become missionaries and pastors and song-leaders.

But sometimes, I think, when we look only at the "big things" we forget how important the "small things" are. Being cheerful at home. Being kind. Content. Happy. No matter what our circumstances are, being able to respond with joy.

I struggle with those little things. I have problems with my temper. My little sister and I can't seem to live together (she seems to think typing is annoying, but I shan't get into our many arguments at the moment). My dad sometimes gets on my nerves (okay, a lot). [And here I am, confessing my life problems to you all. Just so you know, this proves that bloggers' lives are rarely - never, in fact - perfect. Far from it.]
We forget - I forget - that wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, however things are going, no matter what's coming up, I should be content right now. I should go everywhere with all my heart, with every God-imbued passion I have. Because if I can't, what am I doing going there?

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I don't know how I "missed" this post before, Kyla, but I just read it and... Wow.... It's so true.

I too have problems with the little things. I forget things that my mom told me to do, my brother and I often bicker over petty things, I'm having a hard time adjusting to my new sister, and I loose my patience with Curtis and Cora.

Why are the "big" things easier?

(I agree: bloggers' lives aren't perfect. I have to constantly remind myself that most bloggers chose not to post the non-perfect stuff!)

Love ya!
Cass