Saturday, May 14, 2011

Garage Sale, Week 1

سلام لكم في هذا اليوم
Alas, there are no pictures. I know. I'm a bad person. In my defense, I have no camera. But there shall be pictures next week, because I shall hopefully have a camera by then!

Why, you ask?

Because I made $271 in the sale this week, and at least half of that is budgeted for my packing list. Half, I think. At least $70 of it. And this week, "packing list" equates to "camera." I'm pretty excited to get a nice camera. One thing I know: this camera will stay far away from little children.

Anyway. I got up early this morning and got stuff set out, then sold the aforementioned $271 worth of goods. After all was said and done, that still left me with about half the items that had been donated to me! So, this is only week one of the garage sale...I'll be going out again next Saturday, and will hopefully be getting another $200. We'll see. Another almost-$300 would be wonderful, because then that'd be nearly $600 that I've made off this sale! We'll see what God does!

I'm also going to be trying to get some Sonic saver card things to sell at my church. Apparently, they'll give them to anyone, and then if you sell them, you get 100% profit off of it, which is pretty awesome. I won't have to pay a commission or anything; just sell them and be done with it. I'm also looking into doing like a benefit night at one of our local restaurants. If you sign up and everything, whoever comes and mentions your name will donate like...15%, I think it is, of their purchase to your cause. Which is, of course, pretty awesome.

So...we'll see! I still have 45 days left, which is...rather scary, because my time is ebbing away quickly, and there's only some 23 days left before summer craziness officially starts with CYIA, but I'm also ridiculously excited. Because this is going to be an amazing summer.

I am so looking forward to actually being in China. My God is awesome, mighty, amazing, and I can't wait to see what he's still going to do. :)))

Edit: Oh, and just to add: on Wednesday, I also got a $100 donation, which made me very happy!

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty

No comments: