Monday, March 19, 2012

a most beautiful lie

True love will triumph in the end - which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it's the most beautiful lie we have.
- John Green
People say that love conquers all. But they don't really believe it. I think they can't bring themselves to really believe it. It makes them think of corny teenage dramas and the inspirational posters that are tacked up anywhere and everywhere that teenagers might frequent, apparently in the hopes that that idea will sink down into our brains and make some sort of impact.

People also say that it's what inside that counts when they know everybody judges a book by its cover, and that beauty is relative even though they know societal perceptions of beauty are shaped by a media that is so hopelessly skewed toward the newest celebrity that it will never escape.

People say a lot of stuff that isn't true. But, for once, I think they may have hit upon something that is beautifully, wonderfully, amazingly true.

Love does conquer all.
True love.
Love that is willing to give itself for its object.
Love that would expend itself merely so that another might live.
Christ's love.

And I suppose, in the end, even if I'm wrong and other people are right, and God's love isn't real despite everything I have faith in...

It'll still be the most beautiful lie we have.

- Kyla Denae

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a blog I want you to read that I don't follow, like I don't follow your blog. If I send you an email using the address from last time will you get it?

I did read Valiant and was only mildly disappointed. Mostly because I had no idea what it was about when I got it.

Kyla Denae said...

Um. I think so. Did you use my yahoo? In that case, yes.

Valiant is definitely not my best work, nor the one I'll probably be most proud of when all is said and done. What can I say? I originally wrote it when I was 15. But yeah. Thanks for reading it. :3 Glad to hear you weren't so frustrated that you threw it at a wall. Gives me hope for my future career.