Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

سلام لكم في هذا اليوم
It makes me sad that the horror in Japan has come down to a debate between atheists and Christians. And that's what it's become in some places - I've seen it on Facebook, and YouTube, and now on Blogger. There's a time and a place for such discussions, and I don't think it's when hundreds of people have died.

No, God didn't "cause" the tsunami. Nor did he necessarily just "let it happen." He's put in place certain natural laws and, unfortunately, sometimes those natural laws - especially the presence of multiple oceanic plates situated just under a string of ocean islands - cause earthquakes and tsunamis and hurricanes and tornadoes. It's the way of nature. Get used to it.

Now that I've dealt with the debate surrounding that issue in as short a time as I'm willing to give it...

My heart goes out to all those people who have lost family members. Whether those family members have died or are missing or whatever, I'm praying for their safety in the coming days, and that the world will be able to band together and send some sort of support to Japan. In the meantime, Japan isn't the only country affected. From what I understand, Hawaii, the Philippines, and the western coast of the US have also been hit. I have some friends who live on the western coast, and I sincerely hope they're alright, because I'd be sad if they weren't.

Anyway. Please be in prayer for the people of Japan and the other places affected in the coming days. :)))

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty

No comments: