Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crazy Love and Kittens

سلام لكم في هذا اليوم
So I just acquired a copy of Francis Chan's Crazy Love. It is quite possibly one of the most amazing non-Bible books I've ever read. :D I'm only in chapter 4, but it's still good. I'll probably post a more extensive review after I actually finish.

In other news, I'm currently reading through the books of Moses. I just got done with Numbers and am now in Deuteronomy, eagerly looking forward to getting into Joshua. The law books are bo-ring. I mean, I know they're there for a purpose, and there's tons of history, but I really don't want to hear about the precise ways the Hebrews were supposed to kill baby sheep. Yeah. Not my favorite topic.

So this morning was quite interesting. One of our cats decided 3:30am was the perfect time to deliver a litter of eight kittens! Thankfully, due to the eager ministrations of my mom and little siblings, I got to stay in bed until 7. Haha. So now Chloe is sharing a bed with eight little hairless rats. At least, that's sort of what they look like. Homemaker insists she can tell what sex they are now, despite mom and I repeatedly telling her that she can't tell yet.

As I write this, Monkey, JeeBee, and Handyman keep coming into my room to see the kittens, since we brought Mama-cat in here for safe-keeping. Flipper and Sweet Cheeks are currently passed out on the bed and the couch, respectively, and Sweet Cheeks at least looks like she's going to be there for awhile.

Please be in prayer for one of the kittens. It's a runt, and isn't eating. We're trying to coax it to eat, but we're not getting much cooperation from it or Mama-Cat, so please pray that it'll figure it out and that its siblings will share.

Also, to end on a high note, it was Handyman's birthday on Tuesday. He's now ten years old!

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty

No comments: