Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pre-Trip Thoughts

سلام لكم في هذا اليوم
I have three days until I leave my hometown and head for Los Angeles. At 1:00 on Tuesday, I will climb into a plane and not see my hometown and my family for a month. Kind of scary to think about, really.

My mom refuses to talk about it. She's not as thrilled as I am, obviously. I think she's afraid something terrible will happen to me. Or something. Last year, when I went to Zambia, I was with people we knew, people from our church. This time, I'm basically giving my life over into the hands of complete strangers who I don't know from Adam. Apparently, that scares my mom. I guess I can see why... :P

But I get to visit Cassie of Inside My Mind! We've been penpals for quite awhile now, have talked on the phone a few times, and I'm pretty certain we're both pumped about getting to see each other. I think I already mentioned this. Oh well. It's going to be epic. The epitome of awesomeness. (Also, for even more epic fun, we're going to have a call with Mirriam at Thoughts of a Shieldmaiden!! Yes. Be afraid. All three of us, all together, even if just over the phone = world domination. Bwahahaha...))

We have an awesome few days (kind of) planned out, and I can't wait! After that, I'll be heading to LAX once again, this time to meet up with the rest of my team. In six days, I'll be heading out for China! I'm fully funded, I'm ready to go, and...well, it's been an absolutely crazy, but also immensely amazing, journey to get here.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is - Congrats! In just three days, you won't have to listen to me spaz out about money problems, China stuff, or anything else!

Until I get back. And then I'll flood your dashboards with posts about the amazingness that is China. You have been forewarned.

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

"the epitome of epicness"... Oh, yes.... *smiles*

I can hardly wait!!!

Joshua said...

Have a great trip to China. :)

Cassandra said...

In reply to your comment...

@Liberty- Yes, lots of things to talk about. XD
I'm literally counting down the hours... There's almost only 18 left...