Sunday, December 4, 2011

I order you to go read this blog

Nothing in me wants to get a mediocre job
and work 9-5 and go home and crash because I'm exhausted.
I want to crash because I'm exhausted from fighting for the oppressed.
fighting for those who have no hope, no reason to exist.
fighting for those who are so fragile that they need my protection.
fighting for those who rarely receive positive human affection,
who are begging for my embrace.
fighting for those who are physically and spiritually starving.
fighting for those who would sleep at the dump if I didn't pull them under my roof.
I never thought I'd say this but I want to be a soccer mom.
Not the typical American one...
but the type that has so many kids that I can't remember who goes where when and
every morning packs unrighteous amounts of rice into lunch kits.
That has kids under her roof from all walks of life
all different experiences
but come together as one.
The idea makes my heart race because I finally have a passion that is outside of myself.
It pumps me up.
I know I must plan and prepare for this.. but:
but what am I supposed to do in the meantime?
There's only so many coffee shops I can take up residency at
and so many janky thrift shops I can buy out.
What good does that do me in the long run.
Seriously. Go to this blog and just read. She just got home from the World Race, and she will challenge you. (Give it up. is an incredibly fantastic read. Made me cry. Go read it naow.)

爱於耶穌,
~Liberty (紫涵)

No comments: