Sunday, April 8, 2012

i'm operating on a deadline here


Last night, my sister and I went out "canvassing" in a neighborhood a few miles from where we live. Basically, we went door-to-door and sweetly asked if our kind neighbors would be willing to help us fundraise for Romania. In fifteen minutes of walking and knocking, we came away with about $50, which was really good. Of course, most of it was on her side--she got over $40, while I was stuck with $10. Apparently my almost-adult face doesn't inspire as much confidence as her sweet little stuttering self.

Oh well.

Of course, I have a deadline. So does she, to be technical, but meh. We both must have over $1,000 in our accounts by this Friday. And, predictably, I am sick this Sunday. I got queasy last night, and almost got sick a few times. And it stuck around 'till this morning. Really?

God, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm trying to do something for you. I mean, what's the deal? You say I'm supposed to go to Romania, and then promptly make me sick almost non-stop from December to March before then making me sick on the last actual fundraising day I have before my deadline. Not to quibble with the creator of the universe or anything, but that seems kind of silly.

So whatever your plan is, I would greatly appreciate it if it went into effect soon. Y'know.

In other words, dear readers, I would greatly appreciate prayer. I'm trying to do more praying than worrying, and trusting God in all this, but...well, you know me.

- Kyla Denae

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you go to Romania, what will you do there?

Kyla Denae said...

We'll be doing children's ministry and whatever else our missionary needs for us to do. I'm really not at all sure--my youth pastor has not been particularly forthcoming, mostly because our missionary doesn't yet have everything lined up. And apparently he has an aversion to answering his email on a regular basis. :P

So far as I know, it'll be a lot like what I did in Africa. Children's ministry, traveling to sing to people, and taking flash-shopping trips.