Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
So today is Thanksgiving for those of us in the US. As of this moment, we've gotten the turkey in the roasting, the yams are ready to go in the oven, the potatoes are baking with the pecan pies, the greenbean casserole is mixed up...and we've only had to make two Walmart runs. That just might be a record, but I can't remember. I usually block the whole cooking part of Thanksgiving out because it gets messy, real quick.
However, since it is Thanksgiving day, I thought I'd offer up my top ten list of things I'm most thankful for this year. And then state my declaration to remember to be thankful more often. Because that's always a good thing.
Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.So here, in no particular order:
- Books. This goes without saying. But it's true. And it deserves to be number one. Yes, yes it does.
- Jesus. So maybe this should be number one. Oh well, it's over and done now. I'm thankful for Christ's sacrifice, what he did though I didn't deserve it, and could never deserve it. Also, I'm thankful for books that tell me about him. So see? Number one really was number two all along, you just didn't realize it until just now...
- Movies. Now I'm just being shallow. Know what? I don't care.
- Freedom. Freedom to do so many things. To complain. To leave. To write uncomplimentary things about the government no matter what other people think about it.
- The ability to get up in the morning and not hurt. Except, sometimes, this one isn't really applicable. Like one morning last week.
- Food. Very, very obvious, I know. Hey, I can't help what I'm most thankful for!
- Family. Another very obvious one. Yes, sometimes they drive me completely nutty. But I still love them.
- Crazy, absolutely bonkers friends. Like Cassie and Mirriam. Or any number of the friends who live nearer me. You're all amazingly insane, and I love it, and I love you. Never change.
- Generous people. Generous people who are willing to send a silly teenage girl halfway around the world with their hard-earned money. You guys are awesome.
- The internet. Because without it, I couldn't have met so many amazing people or learned so many wacky things.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Thank all of you for being there, for reading my blog, and for just being yourselves.
In other news, at the moment, this is how I feel:
"Running on caffeine and a prayer, baby"